The Queen’s Award for Enterprise
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are for outstanding achievement by UK businesses.
Kent has many thriving businesses and The Lord-Lieutenant encourages them to apply for The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise.
This highly prestigious award has four categories:
- International Trade
- Sustainable Development
- Promoting opportunity through social mobility
The benefits of winning the Award
- The Awards are valid for 5 years.
- Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.
- Winners are able to fly The Queen’s Awards flag at their main office, and use the emblem on marketing materials
- They are given a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy
- Winners are invited to a Royal reception
- They will be presented with the award at their company by The Lord-Lieutenant
To apply for The Queen’s Award for Enterprise, your organisation must:
- be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- file its Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
Your organisation can be a business or non-profit.
Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria which can be found at
Michele Harriman-Smith, CEO of Childrensalon says, ‘We were delighted to have a visit from the Lord-Lieutenant of Kent who presented myself and our CCO George Harriman-Smith with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. We are very proud to be recognised with the International Trade Award and look forward to continuing to operate internationally and growing our amazing team here in Tunbridge Wells.’
Ben Ellefsen, Chairman of Maverick Drinks says, ‘Our vision is a world in which every single drink is as close to perfect as possible, and our exponential export sales growth over the past year is testament to one of our core values – zero compromise on liquid quality. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the highest award that can be bestowed on a UK company, and product quality alone doesn’t explain this monumental win. This achievement is down to our supremely-talented, dedicated and hard-working teams, our global network of incredible and highly-committed distributors and above all the discerning consumers who enjoy our brands the world over.’
Get in touch
In Kent, The Queen’s Awards are led by Mr Paul Auston DL and he is assisted by Jenny Ongley in the Kent Lieutenancy Office at County Hall in Maidstone. If you would like to speak to us about your potential nomination then please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 03000 416531 and we will be happy to assist.
Alternatively, to contact The Queen’s Award’s Office direct, call their helpline on 020 7215 6880 or email email@example.com
If you feel ready to make an application then you can apply here: