Kent New Year’s Honours 2014 announced
The Lord Lieutenant would like to congratulate all those who have received honours in Her Majesty The Queen’s New Year’s Honours 2014.
Knights Batchelor (Kt)
- Sir Roger DE HAAN CBE DL (Ashford). Philanthropist. For services to Education and to charity in Kent and overseas.
Order of the Bath
- John PULLINGER Esq (Tunbridge Wells). For services to Parliament and voluntary service to the community through Great Culverden Park Ltd.
Order of St Michael and St George
Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG)
- Graham PEROLLS Esq OBE (Tunbridge Wells).
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Mr Paul CARTER (Maidstone). Leader, Kent County Council. For services to Local Government.
- Mr Hayden EVANS (Tunbridge Wells). Headteacher, Sir John Cass Foundation and Redcoat C of E Secondary School, Tower Hamlets, London. For services to Education.
- Mr Jeffrey MITCHELL (Rainham). For services to the Ministry of Defence.
- Professor David MORTON (Romney Marsh). For services to the UK and International Veterinary Profession, especially Animal Welfare and Ethics.
- Mr Trevor PEARCE QPM (Gravesend). For Services to Law Enforcement.
- Mr John SMITH (Westerham). For services to Higher Education.
- Mr Martin COYD (Gillingham). For services to Rugby League.
- Mr John FASSENFELT JP (Borden). For services to the Administration of Justice and the community.
- Dr Amelia FLETCHER (Cranbrook). For services to Competition and Consumer Economics.
- Mr Roland GOODING (Westerham). Headteacher, Valence Special School, Westerham. For services to Education.
- Mr Terence RILEY (Ashford). Chief Executive, British Sign Language Broadcasting Trust and Chair, British Deaf Association. For services to Broadcasting and Deaf People.
- Ms Anissa TOSCANO (Tunbridge Wells). Consultant, Department for International Development. For Humanitarian services, particularly in Syria.
- Mrs Mary BERG (Canterbury). For voluntary services to Education, Heritage and charity in Canterbury.
- Miss Alice BOXALL (Greatstone). For voluntary and charitable services to Heritage in Kent.
- Mr Thomas BURCH (Ashford). Farrier. For services to Horse Welfare in the UK and Overseas.
- Mr Edward CHANTLER (Maidstone). Chair, Kent Branch, Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution. For services to Farming and Rural Communities in Kent.
- Mr Warwick HAWKINS (Folkestone). For services to Interfaith Relations.
- Mr Anthony HIGGINS. For Services to the Ministry of Defence.
- Mr Anthony KEMP (Tunbridge Wells). Vice Chairman, British Association for Immediate Care. For services to Pre-hospital Emergency Care.
- Mr Carl MEEWEZEN (Cranbrook). For services to Government Efficiency.
- Mr Michael MURPHY (Knockholt). For services to Business and Digital Media.
- Mrs Marion REGAN DL (Mereworth). For services to the Fruit and Vegetable Industry.
- Mr John SIMMONDS (Whitstable). For Services to Local Government.
- Mr Eric STOKES (Dover). For services to Lifesaving and Lifeguarding in Kent.
- Mrs Elizabeth TULLBERG DL (Faversham). For services to the Community in Swale.
- Mrs Lesley WATLING (Larkfield). For public service.
- Mrs Barbara BRADLEY (Dartford). For services to the community in Horton Kirby.
- Mr Alan CASTLE (Ashford). For services to Music and Heritage.
- Mr Michael DUNNING (Whitstable). For services to Young People.
- Mrs Michele JONES (St Mary’s Bay). Field Officer, Integrated Youth Services, KCC. For services to Young People in Kent.
- Mr Andrew OSBORNE (Faversham). For services to Almshouse Sheltered Accommodation.
- Mrs Janet TOOTAL (West Malling). For services to Battle of Britain Veterans.