Kent Birthday Honours 2019 Announced, 8th June, 2019
The Lord-Lieutenant would like to congratulate all those who have received honours in Her Majesty The Queen’s 2019 Birthday Honours.
The Royal Victorian Order
Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (CVO)
- The Viscount De L’Isle MBE – for Services to The Sovereign.
The Most Honourable Order of the Bath
Companions of the Order of the Bath (CB)
- Mr Graham ARCHER (Nr Hythe). Director, Improvement and Learning, Children’s Social Care, Department for Education. For Services to Children and Families.
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Ms Joanna KEY (Tunbridge Wells). Director, Legislation and Constitution, Department for Exiting the EU. For Public Service.
- Captain David COLE MVO RM (Ret’d) (Deal). Director of Music, The Royal British Legion. For Services to Music and to Remembrance.
- Ms Irene GRAHAM (Kent). Chief Executive, Scale-Up Institute. For Services to Business and the Economy.
- Mrs Josephine JAMES (Ashford). Chief Executive, Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce. For Services to the Economy in Kent.
- Dr Jacqueline McKENNA MBE (Kent). Lately, Director of Nursing, Professional Leadership, NHS Improvement. For Services to Nursing.
- Mr Andrew SHARP (Tunbridge Wells). For Political Service.
- Mr Jeremy ASH (Longfield). For Services to Women and Girls and International Development.
- Shibu CHACKO (Chatham). Specialist Nurse, NHS Blood and Transplant and Community Volunteer. For Services to the NHS.
- Mrs Sonja DREW (Tonbridge). Deputy Head of Senior Staff, Human Resources, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. For public and charitable services.
- Mr Clive EMSON (Folkestone). For Services to Vulnerable and Disadvantaged Young People in Kent.
- Mr Jim FINDLAY (Kent). For Services to the community in Hollingbourne.
- Mr Paul GRAEME JP (Kent). For Services to the Magistracy and the community in Sandwich.
- Dr Andrew KEMP (Folkestone). Group Sales and Marketing Director, Bidfood. For Services to the Hospitality Industry.
- Mrs Sandra SCOTTING (Longfield). For Services to the community in East London and Kent.
- Dr Andrew ASHBEE (Snodland). For Services to the community in Snodland.
- The Revd Carol AVERY (Greenhithe). For Services to the community in Kent.
- Mr Andrew CALLARD (Otford). For Voluntary Service to Weightlifting.
- Mrs Mary CHAPMAN (Chatham). For Services to Adult Education in Rochester and Medway.
- Mr David HOGBEN (Herne Bay). For Services to the community in Herne Bay.
- Mrs Molly POULTER (Maidstone). For Services to the community in Maidstone.
- Mr Keith RAWLINGS (Hythe). For Services to charity.
- Mrs Carol REED (Canterbury). For Services to Save the Children and the community in Canterbury.
- Mrs May Glassford SMITH (Dartford). Fundraiser, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. For charitable service.
Queen’s Fire Service Medal (QFSM)
- Malcolm Livingstone COWIE, (Deal). Lately, Watch Manager, Kent Fire and Rescue Service.
Queen’s Police Medal (QPM)
- John Joseph McDERMOTT, Temporary Chief Superintendent, Kent Police.