Kent 2017 New Year Honours Announced
The Lord-Lieutenant would like to congratulate all those who have received honours in Her Majesty The Queen’s New Year Honours 2017.
Knights Batchelor (Kt)
- Mr Antony BEEVOR (Kent). Military Historian and Author. For Services in support of Armed Forces Professional Development.
- Mr David BEHAN CBE (Tunbridge Wells). Chief Executive, Care Quality Commission. For Services to Health and Care.
- Mr Julian BRAZIER TD MP (Canterbury). Member of Parliament for Canterbury. For Political and Public service.
The Most Honourable Order of the Bath
Companions of the Order of the Bath (CB)
- Mr Peter FISH (Tunbridge Wells). Director General, Government Legal Department C and Legal Adviser, Home Office. For Legal Services to Government.
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Mr Joe BADEN (Rochester). Founder, Open Book Project. For Services to Higher Education.
- Ms Susan BAKER (Whitstable). Director, Time to Change. For Services to Mental Health.
- Mrs Eleanor BRAZIL (Wrotham). Children’s Services Commissioner, Slough. For Services to Children’s Social Care.
- Miss Sharon BROOME (Tonbridge). Principal Forensic Investigator, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory. For Services to Defence.
- Dr Jonathan CLARK (Edenbridge). Executive Headteacher, Beckmead Family of Schools, Croydon. For Services to Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Dr Gaynor JEFFERY (Sevenoaks). Assistant Director, EU Consumer Policy, Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy. For Services to Consumer Rights.
- Ms Carol McCALL (Sevenoaks). Head of Civil Contingency Communications, Cabinet Office. For Services to Government Civil Contingency Preparation and Ceremonial Planning.
- Mr Jonathan TIBBS (Tunbridge Wells). Chairman, Jon Tibbs Associates Ltd. For Services to International Trade and the Sports Sector.
- Mrs Caroline WAKE (Tonbridge). Head, UK Delegation, Channel Tunnel Safety Authority. For Services to Transport Safety and the Community in Kent.
- Mr Jonathan BLOOMER (Sevenoaks). Lately Trustee and Honorary Treasurer, NSPCC. For Voluntary Services to Children and Young People.
- Captain Donald COCKRILL (Faversham). Secretary General, UK Maritime Pilots’ Association. For Voluntary Services to Maritime Heritage and the Port Industry.
- Mr Michael CONWAY (Sevenoaks). Chief Executive Officer, FM Conway. For Services to UK Construction, Infrastructure Support and Road Safety.
- Mr Arjuna FERNANDO (Sevenoaks). Investor and Entrepreneur. For Services to the Digital Economy.
- Mrs Sharon HOLNESS (Folkestone). For Voluntary Services through the National Police Memorial Day.
- Dr Howard LEICESTER (Otford). For Services to Improving Patient Services to the NHS.
- Dr Cheryl MVULA (Whitstable). For Services to Responsible Tourism, Community Development and Conservation in Kent and Africa.
- Mr Thomas RANSLEY (Ashford). For Services to Rowing.
- Mr John SCHONER JP (Hythe). For Services to the Community in Hythe, Kent.
- Mr Robert SIMPSON (Eynsford). Founder, Electrosonic. For Services to the UK’s Audio-Visual Industry.
- Ms Susannah TOWNSEND (Canterbury). For Services to Hockey.
- Mrs Louise UPTON (Canterbury). Lately Foster Carer, Kent County Council. For Services to Children.
- Mr Ronald UPTON (Canterbury). Lately Foster Carer, Kent County Council. For Services to Children.
- Mr Austin WALKER (Margate). County Vice-President, Kent, Royal British Legion. For Voluntary Services to Veterans and their Families.
- Mrs Barbara WALSH (Gravesend). Lately Case Officer, Cabinet Office. For Services to Public Administration and to the Community in Kent.
- Mr Ronald WOODWARD (Herne Bay). For Services to Age UK and the Community in Herne Bay, Kent
- Mr Prithipal Singh KANG (Gravesend). For Services to Fire and Rescue Awareness and Community Cohesion in North Kent.
- Mr Baljinder Singh RANA (Gravesend). Chairman, Guru Nanak Football Club. For Services to Football and Inclusion in Kent.
- Mr William STUPPLES (Tenterden). Armourer, Ministry of Defence. For Services to Army Training and Charitable Service.
Queen’s Fire Service Medal (QFSM)
- Miss Ann MILLINGTON (Kent). Chief Executive, Kent Fire and Rescue Service.