2019 Kent New Year Honours announced
The Lord-Lieutenant would like to congratulate all those who have received honours in Her Majesty The Queen’s 2019 New Year Honours.
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Ms Sheila MITCHELL (Tunbridge Wells). Director of Marketing, Public Health England. For Services to Public Health.
- The Late Mr John BEAVIS (Rochester). Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon and Founder and Chair, IDEALS. For Services to Victims of War and Disaster.
- Mr David FAIRCLOUGH (Deal). Assistant Director, Immigration Enforcement, Home Office. For Services to Law Enforcement and Tackling Organised Crime in the UK and Overseas.
- Mr Derek HARRIS (Ashford). Member, Minds Matter Trading Activities Board. For Services to Charity and Charitable Fundraising.
- Mr Gerald HEDDELL (Ashford). Director for the Inspections, Enforcement and Standards Division, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency. For Services to Healthcare.
- Councillor Rory LOVE (Folkestone). Chairman, Conservative Councillors’ Association. For Public and Political Service.
- Mr Cornelius O’CONNOR (Maidstone). Deputy Director, National Army Museum. For Services to Military Heritage.
- Mr Paul BARRETT (Wickhambreaux, Canterbury). For Services to Fundraising and the Community in Canterbury.
- Mr Graeme CONNELL (Tonbridge). Founder, West Kent Debt Advice. For Services to the Community in Kent.
- Mr Derek MAY (Rochester). Special Chief Inspector, Kent Police. For Services to Policing and the Community in Kent.
- Mr James TRAYNOR (Rochester). Senior Officer, Child Exploitation and Online Protection, National Crime Agency. For Services to Law Enforcement.
- Mr Michael ANDREAS (Ramsgate). Founder Global Generation Church. For Services to Social Empowerment in Thanet.
- Mrs Linda COLLINS (Canterbury). For Services to the Community in Faversham and Canterbury.
- Mr James DAVIES (Deal). For Services to Coal Mining Heritage in East Kent.
- Mr David HAYWARD (Whitstable). For Services to the Community in East Kent.
- Mr Carey MARSH (Tenterden). For Services to Sailing and the Community in Tenterden.
- Mrs Joan PANTONY (Rainham). Scout Leader, 5th Sittingbourne Scout Group. For Services to Young People.
- Mrs Johanna ROHAN (Boughton, Faversham). Chair, Canterbury Unit Sea Cadet Corps. For Voluntary Service to Young People in Kent.
- Mr Keith RUMENS (Saltwood, Hythe). Border Force Officer, Coquelles, South East and Europe Command, Home Office. For Services to Customs and Border Security.
- Mr Alan SMITH (Margate). Special Sergeant. British Transport Police. For Services to Policing.
- Ms Judith TRACEY (Westerham). Information Officer, Road Safety Standards, Department for Transport. For Services to Transport.
- Mr Julian WEST (Woodchurch, Ashford). For Services to the Community in Woodchurch.
The Queen’s Police Medal (QPM)
- Alison Jane RODEN. Formerly Chief Superintendent, Kent Police.